Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Books, sleeping patterns, giggles, oh my!

Landon is doing so good! He's happy most of the time and rewards us with smiles on a very regular basis! He loves to sit in his bouncy seat and "talk" with us. He also loves when we read to him and his favorite books right now are Mortimer and The Pokey Little Puppy. I was reading Mortimer to him last week and he was on the verge of giggles! Speaking of giggles, he seems to save those for Daddy. Although, last week, he was sitting on Amber's (my co-worker) lap and I was talking to him and he giggled for me for the first time! So fun! He's started to kick and splash a lot during baths so we tried moving his little tub from the kitchen in to the big bath tub. Not fun. We did this for 2 nights in a row and he screamed! I'm not sure what it is that he doesn't like in there. I wonder if it's that he is so much further from me. In the kitchen sink he's right there close. Anyway...we decided to do away with baby tub in the big tub and try the kitchen sink alone. Wow what a difference! He loved it! So, it looks like bath time will be in the kitchen for a while. At least until he outgrows the sink. :-) July 26th was the first time Landon slept through the night (exactly 13 weeks old!) and he's kept it up. We woke up to our alarm on the 26th and Scott said to me, "He slept through the whole night!" We were both shocked, proud and, as you can imagine, refreshed! We have had a babysitter come to our house the last 2 weeks to be with Landon 2 days a week. It has gone really well! I'm adjusting to not being with him 24/7 and he seems to be doing just fine with me being away. Although, I have noticed he seems to want to be close to me more. That's just fine by me! Another thing he's started is not wanting to lay down to nap by himself on the weekends. He wants to be held. Again, just fine by me! I'm gonna hold him as much as I can because he will one day outgrow this phase. The way we see it, it isn't affecting his ability to sleep all night in his crib so what's the harm. Also, I'm away from him during the week so why not enjoy him all I can when I'm with him?!? Baby slings rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!