Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Landon is 6 months old!

OK, firstly, I am aware that I've been a bad, bad blogger lately!  Sorry for that.  Moving along...

Landon is 6 months old today.  As I sit here typing I can't help but think about where I was at exactly this moment the day Landon was born.  I believe I was being given an epidural in preparation for a C-section.  Wow, the old saying is true, time gets away from us very quickly! 

Here are some updates on the things Landon is doing now:

  • Sits up all by himself
  • Chatters constantly (waiting for a Momma or Dada any day now!)
  • Rolls over all over the place
  • Gets his knees up under himself set to crawl.  That will probably happen soon
  • His two bottom teeth are through
  • Chews on his fingers, our fingers, his toys, blankets....pretty much anything he can get his hands and mouth on
  • Smiles, giggles, smiles, giggles.... :-)
  • Jumps like a lil jumping bean in his doorway jumper
  • Scurries around in his walker
  • Holds his own bottle for the entire feeding
  • Eats and likes avocado, peas and squash
  • Dislikes cereal so we don't feed it to him anymore
  • Is completely fascinated with Levi and Emma (our dogs) and Levi loves him too.  Emma could care less
  • Plays in his exer-saucer (Thank you Aunt T, Aunt C and S for this wonderful gift!!) and gets mad at the bird toy attached to it.  He will look at that bird and scowl and cry.  Kinda funny.
  • Kicks his shoes off a lot but we still keep putting 'em on him
  • Sometimes wakes up at night just needing some Momma snuggles.  It's frustrating but rewarding at the same time.  Inside, I like it. 
  • Is starting to notice the television more.  We still don't let him watch it. 
  • Likes books!  We bought him Brown Bear, Brown Bear for his Half Birthday and he LOOOVES it!
  • LOVES to be outside
He's the light of my life and a pure joy.  I pray with him every night before bed and thank God for choosing us to be his Mommy and Daddy.  I'm still in awe that I have this precious baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!