Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fussytown. Population One.

Teething.  Need I say more?  This kid must be getting like all of his teeth right now!  He's had the nastiest diapers for, going on, two weeks.  The diaper rash gets awful, then heals.  He's never had much trouble with diaper rash.  Until now.  I am ready to have my "Happy All The Time Even When I'm Not Supposed to Be Happy" baby back.  He's been a trooper really.  Mostly, he wants to sit on my lap and read books.  I will NEVER get tired of that! 

Recently, instead of me rocking him to sleep, he prefers to simply lay on his own in his crib and go to sleep.  Stab me in the heart why don't ya?  Ok, that's more than a little dramatic.  Tonight I could tell he just wanted me to put him in his bed and I totally bawled.  While holding him.  Hey, it's ok for him to see that Mommy cries too!  He was just the sweetest.  He kept touching my face and looking at me all crazy like.  Ah, Motherhood.  Nothing prepares one for all the insane emotions, runny poop, smiles, tugs at the heartstrings...I'll stop there.

Here's Landon from one moment...


To the next....

To the next....

To the next...


 To the next...



There's today.  I am looking forward to tomorrow.  Even if that means more runny diapers and another day with the Bi-polar Boy Wonder.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, I totally, TOTALLY understand! Gigi's going through the same thing. Plus for about a month or so now, she points at her room when she wants to go to bed. When I take her in there to rock, she points at her crib and squirms until I put her down. Then waves bye bye as she rolls over. What about mommy??? :)

    But with our li'l darlings happy, sad, dependent, or independent, (changing one moment to the next), motherhood is incredible and I truly love every minute. I know you do too!

    As always, your pictures are so adorable! He's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!