Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reminders From Unexpected Sources

I watched the Diane Sawyer interview with Jaycee Dugard this past Sunday.  Jaycee's mother, speaking through tears, was expressing regret because she had not kissed Jaycee goodbye before leaving for work the morning Jaycee was kidnapped.  She was in a rush to get to work because she had been late the two previous Monday's.  She then said something that I needed to hear at that exact moment.  Basically, she said, take time for your children, even when it seems inconvenient.  A short and simple statement that resonated to my core.  There are lots of times as parents that we choose not to do something because it's a pain in the a$$ too much of a hassle.  I had a particularly rough afternoon with Landon (frackin' teething), who did not want to nap and decided it was best to scream and cry and pick on Mommy.  Hearing the words from Jaycee's mother, watching that interview of all the adversity Jaycee overcame, gave me a renewed appreciation for Motherhood.  I have always felt uber blessed to have been given the gift of life.  However, that appreciation sometimes wanes in the chaos of daily life of a little one.  Our reminders are everywhere, the key is being open to receive them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!