Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Landon Update

We began the process of weaning Landon off the Prednisolone (steroid) a few weeks ago. He was doing fine until last week, when we dropped down to the lowest dosage before quitting completely. Last Wednesday we began to see blood and mucus in his stools again. I was heartbroken. I want so badly to get him off of this medication.

In the last several days, the mucus and bleeding has increased, his stools have become less formed and more watery. After talking with our doctors, we have made the decision to continue with the Prednisolone at this time. Unfortunately, Landon's body just isn't healed enough to come off that medication just yet. It's a relatively low dose, which makes me feel a little bit better.

We are also planning to restart the treatments we initially started when we went to Portland in February.

It breaks my heart to see him going through yet another flare up. I just want this over for him. I am struggling somewhat emotionally. It is incredibly challenging to have a chronically ill child. I have to remind myself daily (sometimes several times a day!) that things could be much worse. He IS healing and IS improving. It's just difficult to not let my mind wander back to where we once were.

Prayers are needed and greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!