Friday, November 22, 2013

Feel Good Friday

We had a bit of a restless night over in these parts. Landon is congested and woke up crying saying "I'm just so 'snuffy' Mommy!" We had a 30 minute ordeal trying to get him to blow his nose, using saline and the snot sucker bulb thing because he didn't want to blow. This started around 10 p.m. We got him all fixed up and back to bed. At precisely 1:00 a.m., we hear a loud thud followed by crying. Yep, it's what you're thinking, he had fallen out of his bed. I picked him up and took him to the recliner to rock for a few minutes, then tucked him back in to bed with extra kisses. 

He was good to go this morning so I took him to school. We were a little bit late, which creates stress for both of us, but we got there! Needless to say, I was a tired after all the chaos and not sleeping well. So, what does a tired Mama do? Hits Starbucks, of course!

There I am, in a line of cars wrapping around the parking lot. A vehicle approaches from the other direction. We get to that moment of "OK, who will go first" and we both wave each other on. She smiles. I smile. We wave each other on again. We both smile wider and I wave her on to go in front of me. She smiled, put both hands to her mouth and blew me kisses. How totally awesome is that? 

Day = Made. I felt her gratitude.  

That isn't where this story ends. I got up to the speaker and ordered my drink then proceeded forward, finding my cash. I was thinking about all the things I needed to accomplish today, how crazy cold it is, how good my coffee is going to taste, how sweet that lady in front of me was to blow me those kisses and show me love. I approached the window and the friendly barista tells me, "The woman in front of you really appreciated you letting her go in front of you and she paid for your drink". Wow. 

I was deeply moved. Deeply. I smiled and thanked the barista. As I drove away I sent thanks and love to the woman in front of me. Then I felt tears begin to sting my eyes. I was crying over coffee! No, no I wasn't. I was brought to tears because of a simple act of kindness from another human being.

In those few moments my heart opened further as I was reminded of the good in this world. I believe people are inherently kind. Sure, there are some who aren't, however, as a whole, the people I find myself surrounded by are lovely. This morning, I was in a fine mood, I thought. Now, I'm in reflection. I am inspired. I want to go out and pay it forward. I want to make someone else feel the same love and appreciation I was blessed with this morning. It truly is that simple. You see, I was affected after that kind woman at Starbucks blew me kisses. It was the extra mile she went which was the icing on the cake.

Go the extra mile. Change a life. Be kind. Make a difference.

I challenge every one reading this to go out and do one nice thing for someone else in the coming days. 

Goodness, I'm full of love right now. I hope you're feeling it because I'm sending a whole bunch of that out to YOU! Yes, you. 

Happy Feel Good Friday, my Friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!