Monday, March 29, 2010

34 week check up and pregnancy update

I went last Friday for my 34 week check up. Everything was great except my blood pressure was a bit elevated. I didn't have any protein in my urine and my doc didn't seem too worried, although he does plan to monitor things. Elevated blood pressure is one of the first signs of preeclampsia which could cause us to have this baby earlier than planned. I'm keeping good, positive thoughts and have started a homeopathic (thanks Kristy!) to help keep my BP in the normal range. I'll be sure to keep you all informed. I still don't have much swelling, which is great! I am now measuring at 38 weeks (four weeks ahead of schedule!!) and am definitely feeling pregnant! If I'm still measuring ahead at my next visit (2 weeks) then we'll have a sonogram to check things out and get an estimate on how big this baby is. I can tell the lil guy, Buttercup as I like to call him, is getting bigger and today his favorite foot rest is right under my ribs. As much as I've tried to avoid it, I feel like I'm developing the pregnant girl waddle. It's mostly after I've been sitting and get up to walk. Also, I can no longer just sit up and hop out of bed...it's more of a roll out these days. I have to roll out of bed many times during the night to empty my baby size bladder (those of you who know me, know this is true!) but that's just good preparation for the night time feedings. I think the frequent urination has contributed to my minimal swelling because I'm always emptying the fluids. Just my own opinion! Yesterday in church Buttercup moved the entire time! This isn't usually one of his active times so it was kind of fun to feel that movement for so long. Just when I thought he was going to settle down to rest he'd start up again and it actually made me giggle. Then it got me thinking... I've been more uncomfortable lately and have felt like I've been complaining to Scott about it too much. I am so fortunate to have this life growing inside of me and I have decided to TRY to give thanks every time I feel discomfort. Thanks for the ability to become pregnant, thanks for the ability to carry this pregnancy, thanks that this baby is healthy and growing, thanks for the wonderful support system I'm surrounded with....just thanks in general that Scott and I have been given this gift! I know this will be easier said than done, especially since I'm in the toughest part of my journey, but I really am gonna TRY!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your thankful attitude! I gave thanks every time my head was in the toilet because I knew that meant baby was doing great! You're almost there, can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!