Monday, April 12, 2010

36 week check up

I went for my 36 week check up last Friday. My blood pressure was a little elevated again and I had a trace amount of protein in my urine but nothing to be concerned about at this point. Our doctor listened to Buttercup's heartbeat, which was 144, and measured my expanding belly at 40 weeks. That's full term! We are scheduled for a sonogram next week to get an idea of just how big this baby boy is. However, after the hoo-haa check (this was my first time for that), he determined that I have a lot of amniotic fluid (props to me for a good diet and lots of water!) which is probably causing me to measure a little larger than normal. Speaking of the hoo-haa check, it was really no big deal and not nearly as yucky as I thought it might be. So, the BIG news we got is that I am already 1 cm dialated and 70% effaced! Oh, and the baby is head down (just as he should be--what a good boy already minding Mommy!) and in position for birth. I don't feel like he's dropped yet and I could stay this way for several weeks or he could come any day. Either way, our doctor thinks it is very unlikely that I will go beyond my due date. Whew! I was shocked when he said I was dialated and effaced but mostly super excited to know my body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do! I think Scott was taken off guard too. Our doctor assured him that this really was going to happen and that he'd be a Daddy very soon! :-) I spent a good part of the weekend in full nesting mode and got a lot accomplished! Everything is washed, unpacked and ready to go in Buttercup's room. As soon as it's totally finished I'll post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!