Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gratitude and Hope

I often wonder if I will ever be able to look at my baby and not get emotional.  It seems like in the last week or so my emotions have intensified.  I have always felt a huge sense of gratitude for being given such a precious gift.  This week, it seems like I've felt it more than ever.  Every time I think about Landon, I feel a tug at my heart.  I've cried every single night this week while rocking him to sleep.  Sunday night I was on the verge of sobbing.  OK, being honest, I was sobbing.  I tell him all the time how much I love him and how grateful I am to be his Mommy.  I thank God all the time for sending him to me.  I feel like I can't ever be thankful enough.  How can I express enough gratitude?  How can I show in action and word how truly blessed I feel?  Is this how other Mommy's feel? 

I hope these feelings never go away.  I hope Landon always has a sense of exactly how much he is loved.  I hope he always knows how much Scott and I wanted and prayed for him.  I hope he knows he is more than we ever imagined or dreamed of.  I hope he always knows he's perfect just the way he is.  I hope he always holds steadfast in his beliefs.  I hope he loves his fellow beings as much as he himself is loved.  

He is my world.  My first born.  My sweet baby boy.  My angel sent from above.  He is perfect.  

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet post, Leslee! And I am the same way you are, overly emotional and sappy with gratitude! I wrote a letter to each of my kids on their first birthdays telling them much of what you just posted. I want them to always know how much they are wanted and loved. My goal is that when I am gone, my kids will never question my love for them because I showed it every day of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Katy! I love to hear that you feel the same for your kids. You are an inspiration to those around you. T and C are sure lucky to have you for their Momma!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!