Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's Almost Here

We are just days away from Landon's first Christmas!  2 days until it all starts for our family, to be exact.  I can hardly contain my excitement!  I have always loved Christmas and when Scott came in to my life I met my match.  Actually, he is more of a Christmas Elf than I am!  One of the many things I adore about my husband.  This year (the first of many) will be so much better now that we have a child to share our joy with. 

I decided today to start a tradition with Landon of baking a cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve.  Scott doesn't know about my plan yet but I have a feeling he'll like the idea.  He is a Christ centered man (another one of the qualities I adore about him) and I know it's important to him to teach Landon about God and Jesus.  For me, it is also very important to teach Landon that Christmas is about celebration (of Jesus birth), family, togetherness and, most of all, love.  I know he's just a little guy and will always be excited for the gifts.  I'm not totally out of touch with reality.  I just want him to remember why we all gather together.  It isn't about the material things around us, although those things can make life fun and enjoyable.  Our lives are enriched by the love we have for one another and the quality time we spend together.

2 more days!!!  Let's do this!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!