Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sicky Poo Baby

Landon experienced his first ever sickness last week.  Let me tell ya, it was NOT fun!  Especially considering I was sick too. 

It all started Saturday (a week ago) night.  We did some work around the house and it was a generally busy weekend.  We are trying frantically to get the basement finished before the first of the year.  Landon spent the day at Nana's house so Scott and I could get some painting done.  When we picked him up, Nana reported that he had a good day, other than a little fussiness.  We chalked it up to possibly teething, since it seems like he's been getting teeth non-stop since the first one at 5 months old.  We got home just in time for dinner.  He ate his normal jar of organic veggies and had a 7 ounce bottle.  All was well....until....I tried to burp him.  Instead of a burp I was covered in projectile vomit.  Now when I say covered, I'm being literal.  It all happened so fast.  One minute I was gently patting his back and the next I had baby barf all over my face, hair, down the front and back of my shirt...you get the point.  I said, "OH MY GOSH!" and Scott came running in to the room.  By then I was laughing hysterically.  I still have no idea why I reacted with laughter but I'm really glad I did.  He took Landon so I could get to the shower.  I nearly barfed while stripping my shirt over my head.  We had no idea Landon was sick.  I thought maybe he just choked or something.  The next day this trend continued and he started having some pretty nasty diapers.  Sunday evening I started feeling yucky too.  I stayed home from work Monday and my Momma came over to take care of Landon.  That was a HUGE blessing!  It took until Thursday before Landon and I were finally feeling better!  Amazingly, Scott dodged the sickness.  Moral of this story:  If your baby pukes all over you, it isn't the end of the world, but it may get you sick too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!