Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sis.

I have been looking forward to making this blog entry all day! 

Today is the day to celebrate my sister.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Shannon!!!

It's fun to think we've gone from this.....


Circa early 90's

To this.....


Yes, this is a year old but you get the point.  :-)
 

Let me tell you a little bit about this amazing woman. 

From the day I was born, she loved me, unconditionally, and I loved her right back.  She was always my protector and still is.  She read me Green Eggs and Ham until she had the whole book memorized.  She did it because it made me happy.  If I was in trouble with our parents she would yell at them, because to her I was perfect.  When I was sent to my room, she snuck in to make sure I was ok.  When a kid in the neighborhood picked on me and gave me a bloody lip she chased him to his house to make sure his parents knew what he'd done.  When I gave away her sweet sixteen ruby ring to a kid on the bus (I honestly thought it was just a novelty ring!) she wasn't at all upset with me.  Ok, maybe she was, but she sure didn't let me know it.  When I wore her clothes she beamed with delight because she knew I just wanted to be like her, if even for a day.  When she moved out of our house, she made it clear that I was always welcome in her new place.  She made sure I had a way to get there to spend the night, because I just wanted to be near her.  I still run to her house, a lot.  :-)  She has always been my biggest cheerleader.  If anyone needs something, one phone call and she will make sure everything is in place to make sure they are ok.  She's phenomenal.  She is one of the most amazing Mama's I have had the pleasure of knowing.  I strive to be as patient as she is with her darling little angels.  If you don't know my sister, you're missing out on one of God's greatest creations.  She is beautiful in every single way.  I am so blessed to have her not only as my sister but also my friend.

Thank you, Sis, for enriching my life by simply being you.  I hope your day had been happy, blessed and full of all the good things you so selflessly give to this world.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!