Friday, January 13, 2012

Words.

The other day I was talking with another Mama and we were talking about our children. She has three kids, two boys and her youngest is a girl. Her daughter is six years old and honestly one of the most sweet, thoughtful young ladies I have had the privilege of knowing. She is her Mama in a six year old body. I told my friend this as we were talking. The conversation ended and we went our separate ways. A couple days later we were chatting again and she says to me, "Do you remember the other day when you said H was just like me? Well I wanted to tell you that is by far the nicest compliment anyone has ever given me." Wow! I made a very simple statement of fact and it in turn had a huge impact on my friend. The moral of this story? Heartfelt words can make a difference in the lives of others. Say "I love you" as often as you can, when there is an opportunity to complement someone (and by the way, there ALWAYS is) then do it, smile at strangers, be generous with your heart, be kind with your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!