Tuesday, October 1, 2013

L4L Softball Tournament

Last Saturday we held the Love 4 Landon Foundation's Second Annual Softball Tournament. Our goal was to have 12 teams enter. We ended up with 14! Totally AWESOME! That softball community is a great bunch, let me tell ya!

The day started off rainy but we were determined to play on. The rain abruptly stopped at 9:30 and our guys got busy getting the fields ready. By 11:00 a.m. the first pitches were being thrown. The championship game finally wrapped up around 1:00 a.m. Sunday. It was a looooong day but so totally worth it! 

Landon loved having the freedom to run around and play. He also enjoyed helping with concessions. As people approached he would smile and ask, "How can I help you today?" Then he would hand them whatever they asked for and before they left he would tell them, "Thank You for supporting the Love 4 Landon Foundation! Come back and see us!" It was absolutely precious and heartwarming. He's come a long way, just in the last year. It was so special for me to have him by my side helping. It was also very neat to see him running and playing. It brought me to tears. Imagine that. You know what else brought me to tears? The love and generosity of our community. I'm getting weepy as I type just thinking about it. We had an amazing team of people come together to make this event a raging success! 

We are incredibly grateful for all of the continued support we are given to help raise awareness about IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). We had many people come up and ask what IBD is and we got to share our knowledge. We also had people there who are struggling with their own issues related IBD. That, Folks, is why we continue to move forward. We want to help others and give back in a special and unique way.  


Misty (Founding Member) and her daughter.

My independent boy.


Shannon (Founding Member), Willie and ME!

My two favorite guys and a giant chair!

Sweet, handsome boy. (Thank you to Lindsey for this photo!)
Precious moments.

Scott and Fred. As the night wore on, boredom set in. 

Misty and I trying to stay warm while keeping score during the championship game. It was so cold!

Landon watching Daddy umpire.

The Love 4 Landon Foundation 2nd Annual Softball Tournament CHAMPIONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!