Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Whipped Butter

I have been talking about making butter since Scott bought me a stand mixer last year. Today, I finally did it.

Here's what you need:

- Heavy Cream (I used about a quart)
- A mixer with the whisk attachment to do all the work for you. You will also want to be sure to attach the splash guard.
- Sea Salt

Here's what you do:

Pour the cream in and turn your mixer to medium speed. Wait. And wait. And wait. It will begin to look like whipped cream. Keep waiting. Then it will begin to turn yellowish and clump up. Keep waiting. Then, the buttermilk will begin to separate and you will be thankful you put the splash guard on! Drain the buttermilk and add some salt. I whipped it all together to make a silky whipped butter. That's it!

Bake some bread and enjoy!

I used farm fresh cream. Next time, I will splurge and get raw milk cream.

The whole process takes approximately 25ish minutes. Here are some photos.






Making butter is way more fun with a helper!










Buttermilk.  YUM!




Whipped butter, ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!