Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Painting fun!

My boy, he does love his arts and crafts.  He asks me on a regular basis if we can do a "traft" (craft) or "prah-jett" (project).  It's super fun!  He's only 2 and I already have a storage tote set up to contain all of these little treasures.

I have wanted to do a canvas painting with Landon for a while but didn't really know where or how to start.  Sometimes I come up with things on my own, some times I get ideas from Pinterest or Google.  Our most recent project was inspired by my super talented artist friend, Robin.  Check her out over at Robin Egg View.  She's super awesome and obviously knows what she's doing much more than I do!  

Here's what we used:

- 2 pack of 11 x 14 canvas
- Tempura Paint in 6 different colors
- Cupcake liners to hold the paint
- Brushes
- Sponges
- Painters tape (next time I will use gesso, or better tape to ensure the edges don't run, or maybe both!)
- Spray acrylic sealer
- Newspaper to protect the floor
- 1 super cute boy to do the work


I pretty much just let him do his thing.  When he was finished, I filled in any blank spots then let the paintings dry over night.  I pulled the tape, sprayed with the acrylic sealer and wah-lah, art!














No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!