Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Every Good Mom is a Super Mom

Being a Mom is the hardest, most rewarding job I've ever had. Yes, I call it a job. It is. I take it very seriously and make efforts every day to be the best Mom (and being) I can be.

Reality; some times I suck at it. I lose my temper, have no patience, zone out instead of tuning in to my kid, wish for a few hours all by myself. You know why? Because I'm human and I'm not perfect!

I know so many women who want to portray to everyone else that they have it all together. I get it. Sometimes it's hard to admit that you don't always have your crap together or know exactly what you're doing.

I'm going out on a limb here when I say this, but I think I'm pretty right on. Every single Mother is overwhelmed at times, especially when their children are very young. Guess what? It's completely normal!

Being a Super Mom doesn't mean you have to run around pretending every thing is perfect. Us other Mom's, yeah, we know better anyway. Being a Super Mom means doing your best every day. It's totally ok to admit when you're overwhelmed! I guarantee your friends are in the same boat. As a matter of fact, they would probably be relieved to hear you're going through similar things in your life.

Seriously. Parenting is hard work. I second guess myself, wonder if I'm doing things "right", feel awful when I lose my patience and often am in awe that I'm really a Mom.

On the flip side, I have days when I absolutely excel and do things just right. I read extra books, am patient beyond measure and craft with Landon like Martha Stewart. Those days are important and feel really good. I am grateful for my little blessing and cherish my time with him.

This photo was shared by a dear friend (who is an AH-MAZING Mama, FYI) and I think it's pretty perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I read about all the things some of these moms do and then I have to stop and remember that while I may not be crafty or make food into faces and whatever my kids are healthy, happy and very loved. So while thir food may not smile back at them and they are not living in a perfectly clean house, we have something more important... LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! Love is the MOST important factor of all when it comes to parenting. :)

      Delete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!