Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Landon-ese and a Fibber Story.

My kid makes my heart pitter-patter. I'm pretty sure you are all well aware of that fact. I'm also certain those of you who have children know the exact feeling I'm referring to. He also makes me laugh with his cute antics.

My conversation with Landon while we were laying in bed tonight, chatting.

L: Mommy, are you happy?

M: Yes Honey, I am happy.

L: I'm happy too, Mommy. I really, really love you Mommy. I love everybody. I like to make everybody happy. I like to smile at people. That makes people happy. Why are you happy? (The whole time hugging my arm and gently touching my cheek)

M: Right now, I'm happy because you are such a kind, sweet, nice and loving little boy.

L: I really love you, Mommy. A lot.

M: I love you too, Sweet Pea. (tears welling up in my eyes!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

L: For breaf-kast, I want warm cereal with honey and cim-ah-non and plain ol' round pancakes. O-tay, Mommy?

M: Ok Buddy. (Smiles)

L: It's o-tay if you can't make me heart pancakes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

L: I love Aslan! (my Mom's dog)

M: I know you do, Buddy.

L: Don't tell me "I know"!

M: Hey, don't be bossy. Mommy is the boss.

L: O-tay Mommy. You could be the boss. I'm still bossy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's another little story for you all. A couple of weeks ago Sponge Bob was on the television at a place we were visiting. We don't watch this show at home because I've read way too much and have seen studies that have shown it makes little ones hyperactive. We don't need Landon any more hyper, thank you very much. Plus, I think it's inappropriate for young children. FYI, this is simply our belief and I honestly don't care what your kids watch. No judgements! I want to be clear on that. Anyway, I digress... Flash forward a few days. Landon is staying with my brother-in-laws Mom (confused yet?). She was putting him down for a nap and she asked him, "Do you watch a show to help you go to sleep?" His response, "Yes, I watch Sponge Bob." So, believing him, because he's obviously very convincing, she put on Sponge Bob. Guess who didn't take a nap? Guess who threw a maniacal fit that evening? Yep, Landon the fibber! Goodness!

Do you have any stories of your Little's fibbing? Tell me! I need to know I'm not alone over here!

2 comments:

  1. Peyton tried telling me the other night that her Dad and she were firefighters! I also told her on Monday to move my drink back to where I could reach it. She pointed at a spot on the floor and said 'You do it. If you step right here, you can reach it!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Peyton! What a silly, smart little thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!