Friday, April 26, 2013

Three.


King Landon is 3 today!

We started the morning with star shaped pancakes, because he is our little rock star!


We hit the craft store (one of his favorite places) then had lunch with Daddy.


After his nap we took him for his first Build-a-Bear experience. We had originally planned a picnic at the park but the rain changed our agenda. He LOVED picking outfits, shoes and accessories for his special bear, who he named Skipper.

He had a fun day and smiled from ear to ear every time I called him King Landon. As we were out and about, many people we didn't know stopped and took the time to wish him a Happy Birthday. Very cool.

He is having a party tomorrow with his friends and he's very much looking forward to it!

We let him stay up late tonight. It just happened that we were snuggling for bedtime right around the time of his birth 3 years ago. I was singing to him and he interrupted me and asked, "Will you please tell me the story about when I was born?" I kid you not, he asked me at exactly 9:08, the time of his birth.

I got to hear "I love YOU, Mommy!" at least 567 times today. My heart skipped a beat each and every time. He wanted to hold my hand, sit extra close and was very generous with his hugs and kisses.

As for me, I simply cannot believe my baby is 3. I absolutely cherished our time together today, soaking in all the hugs, kisses and laughter. This kid of ours is a true joy. His presence makes everything shine brighter. I am a tad bit melancholy as I think about the last 3 years being gone. We don't ever get that time back, however, we have a lot to look forward to in our future.

Happy Birthday Boy Wonder! Mama and Daddy love you and are proud of everything you do!





















No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!