Monday, July 22, 2013

Eggs.

We were able to reintroduce eggs to Landon's nutritional plan a few months ago. It's been great to have this as an option for breakfast. Plus, it gives him that punch of protein to start his day; six grams per egg, to be exact!

For the last few months, we have been scrambling an egg or two every. single. morning. Today, as I was scrambling those eggs, I decided to make my life easier by using a muffin tin to make 12 eggs at a time! Genius! I'm sure I'm the very first person EVER to come up with this brilliant idea! I mean, it isn't all over Pinterest or anything.



I prefer organic cage free eggs. They are more expensive but so worth it. Try them once and you'll never use the others again. Oil your muffin tins with coconut oil or olive oil, scramble your eggs individually and add one egg per muffin compartment, add a touch of salt, pepper or any other desired seasoning. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Whallah! Eggs for the next week! 




2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You are a genius! Do you keep them in a Tupperware in the fridge or freezer? How do you reheat them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put them in freezer ziploc bags and store what we will use for the week in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer. I reheat them in the microwave. It saves time for sure on our busy mornings!

      Delete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!