Friday, July 26, 2013

Thankful.

We spent the day in Kansas City for Landon's continued medical treatment. As far as that all goes, things are good. His labs are excellent, he constantly impresses his doctor there, he's brave, strong and on a good path of healing. He's kicking UC's ass! Pun intended. 




These trips are always emotional for me. I keep thinking it will get easier, but it hasn't so far. It's more tolerable but definitely no less difficult. 

Tonight, I'm feeling incredibly thankful. I decided to make a list. Here it goes, in no particular order. 

- My husband who is my rock. I'm a pain in the ass, especially on these days. He understands, is patient and loves me for me. Also, he drives the whole way to and from KC, which is super awesome.  

- Landon's continued healing and good health. 

- Shiraz. 

- Our home. 

- Our beautiful network of support we are fortunate to have in our family and friends. I would be even more of a mess without them!

- Chocolate. 

- Google Navigation. 

- Nurses who truly care. We have a great team who make Landon feel special and care for him in extraordinary ways. 

- Our GI doctor. She doesn't always agree with us but she does respect and support us. She believes in us as parents. That's pretty awesome. 

- Did I mention chocolate? And Shiraz?

- Trader Joe's. For realz though. I am no longer a TJ's virgin as of approximately 3:00 this afternoon and I'm officially IN LOVE! And OMG they have $2.99 bottles of wine, Y'all! It ain't no Boons Farm either. It has a cork and is 12.5% alcohol by volume and stuff. Plus, it actually tastes really GOOD!

- Bedtime songs. I cried tonight while singing to Landon. He asked, "Why are your eyes wet?" Gah. I love that boy. 

- Landon. Tonight as we were driving, the sun was setting and shining right on him. He said, "Mommy, can you please put the sun away for me?" Goodness. How freaking cool is it that he thinks I have the ability to "put the sun away"?! I very quickly turned the van, making it so the sun was no longer shining in his face. I DO have that ability! 

- Kindness. 

- Smiles. 

- Hugs. 

- Laughter. 

- Love. It makes this works brighter. 

Goodnight, my Friends. Have a super fabulous weekend! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!