Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today, we celebrate the woman who gave me life, my Mama!


She is one of the most generous, loving people in my life. She's always been my biggest cheerleader and continually encourages me to be the best me I can be!

Many others call her Mama too, whether by blood or by choice. She openly accepts and loves others in a way that is unique to the wonderful person she is. 

She has a very special connection with Landon, which just warms my heart. 




Last night we celebrated with her with dinner at our place. Big THANKS to my sis, Shannon, for getting everything together on such short notice!





When I was a kid, I remember thinking I had the coolest Mom in the world. She was always so spunky, energetic, fun and positive! One of my favorite things to do was to raid her closet and put on her clothes. She never got upset about me getting in to her stuff. When I emerged with her shirts, shorts and leg warmers on (which were all too baggy!), she beamed with pride as she told me how great I looked! I heard the words "I Love You" on a daily basis and I never doubted her love for a single second. As a single Mom after my parents divorced, she worked incredibly hard to ensure my life didn't have to change too much. Even when she was struggling with her own health issues, she never complained. She still rarely complains, although I know she has pain on a daily basis.

Mama, Thank You, for being the gorgeous soul you are and for loving those around you unconditionally. We are so fortunate to have you in our lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!