Saturday, July 28, 2012

Material World

What is the obsession with having so much stuff!?  I mean, I like nice things too but I sure don't pin my existence on material goods.  Maybe it has something to do with everything Scott and I have been through with Landon in the last year.  Maybe. 

I value feelings, emotions, memories made, people, experiences, kindness, friendships, quality time.  I really don't care what kind of house you live in, what car you drive, what the label on your clothing reads or how many "toys" you have.  In the end it's about love and enjoying our time here.  I guess for some, "stuff" is equated with happiness.  No thank you.

I'll tell you this; after the immense about of emotional pain I've experienced and watching my only son suffer in the last year, there is not one thing I wish for more than his prolonged and continued health.  You can keep your boats, fancy houses, ipads, designer bags/shoes, vacations, etc.  I promise there is not one thing that will bring happiness like having a happy, healthy child.  I took that for granted.  I never will again. 

Am I the only one left who feels this way?  Surely not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!