Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happenings

Landon has been entertaining this evening.

Have I mentioned I like lists?

Here are a few things that have recently brought a smile to my face:

1. Landon in pretend play, talking about setting a timer and putting Mommy in Time Out. He's kind of right on. Even I need a Time Out every now and then.

2. Walking in from work to Landon telling me, "I missed you, Mommy!".

3. Laying on the drive way with Boy Wonder at my side, taking in the beauty of a gorgeous blue sky.

4. Playing outside in the unusually cool August weather.

5. Rain. The sight, the smell, the feel of it gently falling and melting in to my skin. Awesome.

6. Watching Landon streaking through the house, post bath, laughing hysterically and saying, "NAKEY, LANDON, NAKEY LANDON!".

7. The tickle fest that followed the streaking.

8. Watching and listening to my husband playing with our son.

9. Conversing with my very verbal 2 year old and hearing him tell me about his day. "Played with Grandma and played in the rain and smelled flowers and read the Thomas book and drank papaya juice....". Yeah, you get it.

10. Reading books together.

11. Time spent with my niece and nephew over the weekend. They are awesome kids.

12. Girls night, laughter and awesome conversation with dear friends.

13. Finally getting to prepare a meal in my kitchen without it being 8000 degrees!

14. Listening to another Mama share with me about her child who overcame ulcerative colitis. She gives me hope and helps me keep fighting for Landon.

15. Prayer time with my darling.

16. Hugs and encouraging words from my supportive, loving husband.

17. Body Butter from The Body Shop. Freaking Heaven in a jar!

18. Utilizing space more efficiently.

19. Unexpected text messages saying "I love you" and "Thinking of you".

20. Early birthday wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!