Thursday, August 16, 2012

Logan

Logan James.  My first born nephew.  He is heading off to college today.  I know it's hard on his Mother.  He is the first one to leave the house.  I cannot imagine what it must feel like to have a child separate from you.   

I am incredibly proud of him.  To say his life has been challenging is an understatement.  He has been thrown more curve balls than I care to count.  He dodged each and every one with an amount of grace that I only hope my own son is able to exhibit on down the road.

From the day he was born, I was smitten.  I was finishing my Senior year of high school and was beyond thrilled to finally have a nephew!  He was always happy and I was always willing to hang out with him.  We spent a lot of time together when he was young.  Through the years we remained close.  There were a lot of sleepovers, family gatherings, trips to the park and quality time just enjoying life.  He always amazed me with his ability to keep moving forward, even in the face of adversity.  I gathered strength from watching him.

Logan is one of the most level headed, intelligent 18 year olds I know.  He is an amazing writer, hysterical to the point of nearly making his Aunt's (yes, more than just this Aunt) wet themselves, he is kind, compassionate and real.  Yes, he's very real.  If he's feeling it, you'll know it.  He has never pretended to be someone other than his genuine self, which is saying a lot considering he just graduated high school.  He is a supportive, loving and caring brother to his two younger siblings.  He's had his bumps in the road but he's chosen the path of excellence.  I genuinely like who he is and what he stands for.  He's the guy who will root for the underdog.  He's the guy who will state his opinion and back it up, even when nobody else agrees.  He's the guy you want on your side.

I have no doubt that he will do something great in this world.  It is an honor to be his Aunt and to witness as he embarks on this new chapter in life.

Remember, Logan for President!   *wink, wink*




He's gone from this.....

To this.....

To this.... the best is yet to come!
  

1 comment:

  1. OK. Now you've gone and done it. Made Logans Gma cry!!!! I could not have said it any better or more accurately. I hope you read this, Bear, any time you feel lost or low. You will then remember the sheer force of family, of being admired, and of NEVER being alone. Go now, and make this world KNOW who you ARE!! Love, Gma Barbie

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!