Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

I had a birthday. 

Yep.

Thirty something.

My super awesome Sister took me for the pancakes I've been craving for months now.  She talked 90 miles and hour because of the copious amount of coffee we drank.  It was wonderful to catch up with her, sans kids.  You see, she has twins, so to have time together without children hanging from our pant legs, well it's seriously special. 

After brunch I picked up my kid and went home to pack for the lake house. 

Husband arrived home from work with a gorgeous bunch of roses and an uber sweet card.  He's good like that. 



I was visited by my friend Steph and my sister Stef and then we were on the road!

We picked up my BFF (I think it's so funny when grown women use that acronym!) and her sweet family.  Road trip!  I heart my mini-van.



We did some real relaxing, laughing, playing and catching up.  Good family time.

We enjoyed a little time on the lake.



We were visited by the rooster across the way. 





We rode 4-wheelers.



We got rained on while in the boat for a land and water poker run.

We wore hoodies.  In August. 





Our kids played...and played...and played....








We had an adult beverage or two.



We listened to live music at the marina.

We laughed! 

All in all, it was a beautiful weekend with some of my favorite people!  BIG Thanks to my sis and bro-by-love for having us all out to their place.  Good times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!