Saturday, June 15, 2013

Extra Kisses AND Hugs.

Sometimes, after Landon is fast asleep, I go in to his room to peek at him. 

Sometimes, I make a little bit of noise, hoping he will wake, so I can have just one more hug.

Sometimes, like tonight, I'm quiet but still hope he wakes up so I can get that hug. 

Tonight, as I pulled the blanket back over his tiny little body, his eyes fluttered open. He looked right at me and sleepily said, "Hi Mommy." I gently stroked his hair and kissed his cheek. Lucky for me, he also needed to potty so I was able to lift him out of his bed and get that very special hug. He melted in to me and I soaked it up. 

I hope he always likes my hugs.

I hope he never stops giving me kisses. 

He is my angel, sent from above to challenge me to be a better person. He makes me want to go out in to the world and love more. He is such a special little being. I have a hard time even formulating the words to describe how deep my adoration for him runs. 

I am lucky and I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!