Monday, March 18, 2013

Blood Drive

Boy Wonder making a statement!

Last Friday and Saturday, we held a blood drive in honor of Landon at our local American Red Cross. What an amazing experience. I am going to attempt to formulate some words to describe what this was like and what it meant to me.

Here we go.

We had a total of 36 donors who took time out of their busy lives to come donate blood, which translates to 108 lives positively impacted and saved. That. Is. Amazing. We had a few first time donors and several who hadn't donated in many years. I have to say, I am incredibly impressed with our friends and family members.

There were many moments during our two days at the Red Cross where I was brought to tears. I had complete strangers read Landon's story, then take the time to come speak with me and tell me they would be praying for complete healing for him. They were genuine and heartfelt. People are good. People are kind.

We are incredibly fortunate in many ways. Number one being, Landon is doing better and healing! I was overwhelmed with emotion, gratitude and the feelings of love I was left with at the end of the blood drive.

I was honored to be there representing The Love 4 Landon Foundation. I know I'm exactly where I'm meant to be, doing the work I was made for. It is very different than what I imagined for myself, however, it is a perfect fit for me.

I want to sincerely thank each and every person who took the time out to come donate blood. I believe in this cause and am passionte about it. You all are making a difference and helping save lives!

I also want to thank Espresso to Go Go, Picasso's Pizza, Jason's Deli and Lamar's for their contribution of food and drink! 

You can view more photos by visiting The Love 4 Landon Foundation Facebook page. 


Misty, ME and Janet - REPRESENTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!