Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's About Love and Human Rights

There has been so much going around social media and in the news the last few days about marriage equality. It has inspired me to share my thoughts on the topic.

Here's the thing, love is love. Period. I fully believe everyone, everywhere has the basic human right to love. It's a deeply rooted emotion and one we don't get to pick and choose how or when we want to feel it.

I was raised in a very open and loving home. I have family and many friends who are openly living in same sex relationships. I do not now, nor have I ever, thought any of them chose this. I believe they are all exactly what and who God intended them to be. They are kind, loving, thoughtful, beautiful individuals. Giving them the right to marry their soul mate, which is a right ALL should be entitled to, in no way threatens my marriage or anyone else's. As a matter of fact, I think it would actually create more love in the world.

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with basic human, civil rights. It is not our "job" to tell others how to live or who to love. 

If we all accept one another, without judgement we have the opportunity to change the world. Love, acceptance, kindness, understanding...these are all very simple acts that can truly make a positive impact.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!