Saturday, March 30, 2013

Healthy Easter

Tomorrow is Easter!

I love this time of year. I always have. I love it even more now that we have a little one to share it with.

Growing up, the "Easter Bunny" was always creative in what she left us. One year, all of us girls got a Caboodle filled with candy. Another year it was purses. Some years we got baskets. It was FUN!

I have been thinking and planning Landon's basket for weeks! I decided to use the same basket from his first Easter and start the tradition to use it every year. It was important to me to make his basket fun, special, unique and filled with some special treats that would still be healthy. I hit up Whole Foods and hit the jackpot! I found Vitamin C lollipops, whole fruit bars, a rice milk chocolate bar and some puréed fruit pouches. I filled his eggs with dried papaya, dried apples, dried mangos, rice chex and coins. I also threw in a couple toys and a new book. I hope he loves it!

So tell me, what kinds of things are your kids getting in their baskets? Do you use the same basket every year or do they get a new one? Do you get creative and do something other than baskets?










No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!