Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bedtime

Routines.

We have 'em. 

Songs.

We sing 'em.

One of Landon's favorite bedtime songs right now is If You're Sleepy and You Know It, which I made up and we sing to the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It.  He LOVES this song!  Here are the lyrics we sing:

If You're Sleepy and You Know It give a yawn (then we give a very dramatic yawn)

If You're Sleepy and You Know It say your prayers (then we say AMEN!)

If You're Sleepy and You Know It kiss your Mommy (Landon likes to grab my face for this one)

If You're Sleepy and You Know It close your eyes (he closes eyes...when he feels like it)

If You're Sleepy and You Know It go to sleep (I usually sing this part slowly and softly) 
 
He also likes Hush Little Baby and You Are My Sunshine (depressing song so I changed the words to make it happy and positive).
  
What were your favorite songs as a child? 

What songs do you love to sing to your own children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!