Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wedding, Wedding and I FALL down!

We were fortunate to attend the wedding of my sweet cousin and his gorgeous bride this weekend!  It was an outdoor affair held at a local tree farm, which was lush and breathtaking.  There were large, full, mature trees.  It also had a lot of rocks and such running along the path to where the wedding was held. 

I was sporting these AH-MAZING (approximately four inch) heels that I had no business wearing!  Okay, I was actually totally fine in them, until I hit that stone walk way.  OH, and that one time I almost fell down the stairs.  Other than that, I was totally fine. 

Let me paint you a picture, figuratively speaking, of course.  I'm no artist!

It's approximately 8000 degrees outside, although we were mostly shaded by those large trees. There was a dude playing a guitar as every one gathered and found their seats.  Here I am, casually walking on my way to find a seat.  Next thing I know, one of those damn rocks reached right up, grabbed my fabulous wedge heel and yanked me down!  The nerve!  I was kind of shocked and I think Scott secretly wanted to laugh.  Then I realized the guitar dude wasn't playing anymore!  The music stopped and I was all like, "I better get my A$$ up because everyone is fixin' to see me all laid out on the ground!"  So, I scooped up my pride, brushed myself off and pretended like nothing happened.  It wasn't until I got to my seat that I noticed my scraped up knee.  Seriously?  What am I, a five year old tomboy? 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!