Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Friendships Are The Best Ships

Friendship is a gift.  If you have real friendships, consider yourself blessed.  Not every one has this opportunity.  There are those who are too fearful to fully give themselves to their friends; those who are unwilling to be vulnerable enough to allow others in.  Friendships take effort.  Period.  Effort to be exuded from both sides.  It isn't always east but it's always worth it.       

Take a moment and read this post from one of the blogs I follow.  It made me rethink how I spend my time.  Granted, the last year has been way different because my priorities have had to be my family, especially my son.  However, I'm really diggin' her idea of Pajama Dates.    

I find it extremely difficult to be spontaneous.  I am a planner.  I make a plan and find it unnerving to deviate from the set activities.  I have my calendar planned out a month or more in advance most of the time.  I used to be spontaneous.  I really did.  I'm unsure where I lost it along the way.  I'd like to regain some of my former self, when I would just go with the flow.  I know me though and I know that there will always be a part of me who will stick with the plan.

Friends, I adore you.  I wouldn't be the me who I am without you.  I love that I get to just be myself and you continue to invite me to hang out with you.  I am honored to have you all in my life.    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!