Wednesday, October 10, 2012

L4L Softball Tournament

Saturday September 29, 2012 we held our First Annual Love 4 Landon Softball Tournament.  It was a HUGE success!  We ended up with a total of 8 teams (pretty good considering this was our first year), sold all kinds of concessions and merchandise.  It was a beautiful day, mid 70's with a gentle breeze and sunshiney sunshine.  Perfect.  This day would not have been possible without all of our volunteers and people who donated their time, talents, baked goods and mostly their LOVE 4 Landon! 

We are truly blessed to have so many who continue to support our family.  Believe me when I say, to my core I fully feel all the love you all so generously dole out to us every day.  

You know that ol' saying, something like "when life gets hard you find out who your friends are"... Well, it's true.  Through this journey we've definitely been reminded who truly cares for our family.  There have been people who have stepped forward in ways we could have never imagined.  What a gift.  My faith in people as a whole has been redefined and strengthened.

I want to take a moment to extend a heartfelt Thank You to everyone who continues to support us in our efforts to bring awareness to IBD.  Together, we can help each other and all those who are affected.      





My darling niece, Kate, who was a GIANT help with Landon that day, myself and Misty.
Husband and myself.  I would literally be lost with out him.  He may not realize it, but he provides me with an immense amount of strength and will to keep pushing forward.
THE BOSS, our Superman, our Boy Wonder.  Landon.  The reason we do what we do.
Myself and Kelli.  This woman is definitely a gift from above.  She worked her tail off and smiled the whole time.  How lucky I am to have her as a friend.
Uncle Africa (or Fred, depends how you know him) chillaxin' with some darling kiddo's.
My sis Shan, Mama and myself.  These two women, well they are a whole other post!  Shan has mad organization skillz and put this entire tournament together!  She amazes me.  Sister, your talents are endless and you are a dynamic force in this world!  Mama was there with her beautiful smile and helped with our toddlers throughout the afternoon and evening.  THANK you both.  You rock a lot!
Misty working the Merch table.  This chick is nothing short of phenomenal.  Not only did she stay with Landon the night before the tourney (Scott and I got to see my nephews play!) but she was up at 5 a.m. getting things ready.  She also worked her tail off.  She never ceases to amaze me and I am so happy to still have her in my life after 24 years! 

The FAB Four!  There were many others who helped make this day a success and the four of us were sure happy to be a part of it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!