Sunday, October 7, 2012

Walk

This afternoon we joined a whole gaggle of people at the zoo for the Wichita Take Steps Walk to bring awareness for Crohn's and Colitis.  We decided to do this walk to honor our son.  HE is awesome!  He is smart.  He is strong willed.  He is funny.  He is highly entertaining.  He is a gift and our greatest blessing.  He is also still healing after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 10 months ago.

You'd never know it looking at him though.

 
 
 
We had at least 40 walkers on our team, Got Guts.  It brought me to tears to see everyone out there supporting us.  Thinking about it as I type this gets me all weepy again.  I never would have imagined this being our life.  But you know what?  It is and even though sometimes it's hard as hell, I really do love it. 
 
Look at all of our wonderful friends, family and supporters!  There were 44 people who came out just for Landon.  How completely awesome is that?!? 
 


Here are a few more photos from our afternoon.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!