Sunday, October 14, 2012

Splish-Splash Finger Paints

As some of you know, my child isn't always fond of bath time. It's a crap shoot, really. Some nights he's cool with it, others we are like master negotiators trying to coax him in to the tub.

We bought him some of those Elmo bath "paints" which were stupid expensive and smelled gross. It came with 3 tiny containers of different colors and he blew through a container a night.

SO, since I've been seven shades of Martha Stewart this weekend, I decided to make my own. It was super cheap, they smell good and it took me all of 10 minutes from start to finish.

Here's what you'll need:

Baby Wash (I used the inexpensive stuff)
Cornstarch
Food Coloring
Plastic Containers

Side note: If your child has sensitivity to food dyes you could also use juices or blended fruits/veggies for coloring. If you do that, just be sure to store your paints in the refrigerator when you aren't using them.

Mix the baby wash and cornstarch until you reach your desired consistency. Then, split it up in different bowls and mix in your colors. Finally, put the colored paints in to individual containers.

See how easy it is?!

Here are some photos of my process.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!