Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mama Said We'd Have Days Like This

Holy Crapoli this has been a day! 

Landon slept in his own bed last night and I think he's been punishing us for it all day today!

He was mostly happy when he woke up.  We played and he seemed alright.  We decided to get out and run a couple of errands.  We were cruising through the hardware store, everything was copacetic, so I thought.  I pulled out my phone to look at my list and Landon asked to play with it. 

"No honey, Mommy needs her phone right now."

Enter, the child that couldn't have possibly come from my womb.

Complete maniacal fit.  I take him to the van while Scott pays for our stuff.  He continues to scream and say over and over and over, "NO GO TO THE BIG STORE EITHER!  NO GO TO THE BIG STORE EITHER!"  Which means that he wanted to go back in to the store.  You see how confusing this child is?

We needed to make another stop and I wanted to give him a chance to redeem himself.

"Landon, if you want to go in to the next store with Mommy, I need to you get it together and calm down."

We drive to our next stop.  He fits and screams the whole time....about a 15 minute drive.  Upon arrival, he's still throwing his fit.

"I'm sorry Landon, you've chosen to continue to cry and throw a fit so Mommy will go inside and get what we need while you and Daddy stay here.  If you can calm down, Daddy will bring you in and you guys can find Mommy."

I finished my shopping and came out of the store to a still screaming kid.

Seriously?

We drive home.  He screams and fits.

We get home, he still wants to fit.

I get his blanket, finally get him to sit with me in the recliner and turn on Sesame Street.

He falls asleep watching Elmo's World.  He NEVER falls asleep watching television.  Ever. 

I put him in his bed for his nap, hoping he wakes up happier.

1.5 hours later, he wakes up and he's still pissed.

Seriously?

We get him back to being content just in time for him to throw another fit.  OMG!

Distraction.... I take him to the Dollar Tree.  He's actually pretty well behaved while we're there.  We're walking through and we barely touch a shelf and it comes crashing down.  Glass pumpkins falling to their untimely death.  Yep, that was us.  I hear someone shriek from across the store, "Oh my gosh, WHAT was that?!?"  We walk directly to the register, tell the cashier what happened, pay for our items and get the hell out!

Did I mention I missed the Baby Shower of a dear friend this afternoon? 

Landon is currently enjoying some outside play time with Daddy.  Thank you, Daddy!

You see, I love this being a Mommy stuff.  I really do.  But you know what?  Sometimes we have rough days.  It's not always rainbows and smiles.  Anyone that says it is, well, they're lying straight to your face.  

Mama said we'd have days like this.  She also said they should end with wine.

1 comment:

  1. I love days that end with wine. We need to get together and let Peyton and Landon play together and have us some!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!