Sunday, November 18, 2012

Farewell Diapers, Day 2

First off, I feel like I need to talk about the afternoon of Day 1 for a minute. Remember that super upbeat, excited post when we were first starting? You know, all about how great Landon was doing. Well, it all changed after he woke up from his nap.   He didn't want to poop in the potty and instead popped right in his undies. Over and over and over.   It was a whole mess of accidents.  At one point, he was on my lap and just let loose.  Yep, I totally got pee'd on.  Also, every time he sat on his potty it was melt down city.  So frustrating!   That night we went to bed completely exhausted but I hardly slept because I thought for sure I was going to get urinated on in the middle of the night.

When we woke up, I was pumped because he slept all night and stayed dry. I had a renewed excitement and will to conquer this thing! You wouldn't believe how quickly that faded. The whole day it was accident after accident after accident. Oh, not to mention every time he sat on his potty he had a major meltdown with giant tears streaking down his cute little face.   You'd have thought I burned his blanket or something. Geeze. Oh. Em. Gee. What an insanely difficult day!! I seriously almost gave up today.

In an effort to get him to poop, I introduced the very special, Magic Poop Guitar. He was interested.  He would hold against his tummy and say, "This is my Magic Poop Guitar, Mommy.  It puts magic in my tummy to help me poop!"  At least he was talking about actually pooping even if he wasn't doing it yet.  He held the Magic Poop Guitar a lot and actually started to sit on the potty by the end of the day with only minor tears and cries.  At one point, he started to poop and we ran him to the potty and it actually fell in so he got a big reward!  It's a light up sword which he calls his "balloon whacker".

It was a tough, long, frustrating day so there are minimal pictures.  I promise, Day 3 will be happier!  :-)   

Balloon Whacker!


Magic Poop Guitar




I couldn't resist posting this one.  This was my cabbage patch bunny when I was little and he loves to wrap it in his blanket and give it kisses.  Very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!