Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Moments in Time

As I was backing out of the driveway for work this morning, I looked up to see the face of my sweet boy in our picture window.  He was visibly upset and crying.  For a moment I thought, "I'm sure he's fine and Grandma will handle it" (which, by the way, I am confident she would have!).  However, I pulled right back up to the house and went inside.  He was upset because he wanted a minute to rock with Mommy before I left.  Something I promised him I would do but forgot about in the hustle of getting out the door.  I scooped him up and sat down in the recliner.  Within 30 seconds he was happy and smiling again.  We talked for a minute or so then he gave me a big hug and kiss.  He was once again content.  I left for work with a very happy heart.

It literally took only 2 minutes out of my day to reassure Landon of his importance in my life and in this world.  

Every single moment counts.  

Take those few extra minutes today to tell your kids you love them.  Give an extra hug.  Read one more book, even when it's time for bed.  Although you may think they are too small to remember, I promise those moments will remain in their hearts forever.   

This sweet face is the reason I couldn't leave the driveway!


Snuggles before getting out of bed this morning.  Love.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Leslee. Best to act on those little nudges than to live with regret. Hope you both have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Starting my day like that HAS to lead to nothing but more goodness. :-)

      Delete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!