Tuesday, November 13, 2012

TND13 - Sisters

"Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other" - Carol Saline



From left to right:  Shannon, Me, Stefany, Kristi.  Sisters!

Not only am I fortunate to have some of the best sisters in the world but I'm also super lucky to be close with all of them.  When stuff gets tough, we are there to support each other and pick each other up.  I trust these women.  I look up to these women.  They all possess unique traits and characteristics which I admire.  Let me tell you a bit about each of them.  They deserve to be highlighted individually.


Kristi and Landon at his 2nd Birthday Party

Kristi - The leader of our pack, my oldest sister.  She has an infectious laugh and a way of making those around her smile.  She is an optimist and sees the good in everyone and everything around her.  She is highly successful in every aspect of her life.  She is there when times are tough.  No doubt that she will show up.  A lot.  She will offer advice when necessary but is very good at sitting silently and allowing tears to flow.  She gives awesome hugs.  She makes a mean banana bread and will rock your socks with some lemon bars.  


Aunt Shannon at Children's Mercy during Landon's 2nd hospital stay

Shannon - My protector.  She has been from the beginning and even now that I'm all grown up, she still wants to protect me from anything in her power.  Shannon is a giver and will help anyone in need, even if it means putting her own life aside.  There isn't anything she can't do.  Seriously.  She can cook any dish you could possibly want and will usually do it with what she has in her cupboards and freezer.  She's that good.  She is always there when I need her, even if it means driving to Kansas City or flying to Portland, OR!  There is no one on this planet like her.  I don't know how I would have made it through the last year without her.   


Aunt Stef visiting at our house the days after Landon was born

Stefany - She is loyal and dedicated.  When she sets her mind to accomplish something, she does it.  She loves her family and has been there during some of my toughest times in life.  Sending texts, calling, dropping by our house.  She is silly, fun and energetic.  She cares deeply for her loved ones and works her tail off to provide for her children.  If you want some killer chicken enchiladas, show up for Mexican food night at her place.  You won't be disappointed!  She's someone I'm glad to have in my corner.   


Angie and her family...before they completed it with the birth of Colby.  This is the most recent photo I have of her! 


Angie - My sister-by-love.  I got her when I married Scott and I couldn't have asked for a better gift!  Angie is so darn funny!  Anytime she's telling a story I promise you will be laughing.  She has a way with words and actions that will illicit gut busting laughter.  She is kind, generous and a loving Mama to our two nephews.  She has a knack for decorating, so much so that her home looks staged!  In a GOOD way!  It's beautiful.  She makes some seriously good cookies and her cupcakes are divine.  Plain and simple.  She's awesome.

Sister's, I love you all!  Thank you for being such a huge part of my life. 

"Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree" - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!