Friday, August 2, 2013

Fire Station Fun!

We took a trip to one of our local fire stations today. Landon has been asking to go meet the Firefighters and see their trucks for a while now. I have been using it as leverage to get him to behave promising to take him and today I made good on that promise!  

As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and given a warm welcome. Landon totally clammed up and wouldn't speak almost the whole time. I asked if he wanted to sit inside the truck and he responded with, "No thanks. I'm good". As a matter of fact, that was his response for nearly everything I asked him! He finally did warm up a bit. I think he was overwhelmed and completely in awe! We were joined by my sister, her husband and their twins. As you can see, they are silly and had a good time! 

God Bless that firefighter who put on ALL of his gear just to show the kids! He also talked to them and explained that if they ever saw someone that looked like him they should not be afraid and not to hide. He reassured them that they are always there to help. It was pretty darn cool. These guys were just so nice! They let the kids climb around on the trucks, smiled as they watched them discovering, answered all of their questions and were in no hurry to get us out of there. They really seemed to enjoy watching the kids and having visitors. As we were leaving, we thanked them for allowing us to come in and for showing us around. They told us we could come back anytime to visit. Landon has reminded me of that several times. "Mommy, the fireman said we can come back ANYTIME!" We will most definitely make that trip again. Next time, I'm bringing those guys cookies. 

If you haven't taken your kids to do this, make the time for it. I think everyone of all ages would enjoy a trip to the fire station. 

Thank you, Firefighters, for all you do! You guys and gals rock a lot! A special shout out to Station 21 for being so kind and welcoming! 

P.S. When we arrived, I realized my camera didn't have the SD card in it. Thankfully I had the camera on my phone!


Checking out the jackets.
Showing their love for Station 21! 


Landon at the wheel! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!