Friday, August 16, 2013

Sushi: AKA "Shoe-sheee"

I had the privilege of sharing a food first with Landon today. You would think with all of his dietary restrictions, he may be leery of trying new things. Yeah. That's so not the case. He begs for something new and different. I love his openness and enthusiasm. 

I asked him a few days ago if he would like to try sushi with me. He responded with a loud, cheerful YES! I'm fairly certain he had no idea what sushi consisted of but he sure was interested in finding out. 

Today, we had the first of what I am sure will be many sushi dates. I have to say, times like these are treasured in an incredibly meaningful way. Being able to try foods that we wouldn't have dreamed of just 6 months ago is a dream come true. Most people don't give a second thought to giving their child a food they have never had before, except maybe wondering if they will like it. I weigh very heavily my decisions on introducing anything new. I am so thankful we are in a place to have these options. 


We kept it simple with Avocado Maki and California Maki. Landon loved every bite and asked for more when it was gone. So far, his tummy likes it too. It's naturally gluten free, which is also a huge plus!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!