Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Day of Preschool


It happened today.

The first day of Preschool for my little Love Bug. 

He was crazy excited and even got dressed without me having to chase him all over the house. That's a big deal. Seriously.

As we approached his school, I could feel the anxiety building. I allowed myself to feel it, because sometimes you just need to. We got inside his classroom and he was ready to roll! He gave me a hug and a kiss, while I began to tear up. He grinned at me and asked, "why are you doing that?", referring to the tears in my eyes. We said our "I love you's" and he walked straight over to his table. I turned and ran walked out the door and cried in the van. I promptly drove to Starbucks for an iced coffee.

Can you believe how BIG he is? I can't.












While he was at school I got some serious house work done. It was good to keep my mind busy. Honestly, it was also really nice to be able to clean without a 3 year old under my feet.

The thing is, I'm truly joyous about this new beginning for him and for our family. When I picked him up, his teacher told me they learned a new song today. He sang it for me as he was laying down for his nap. He had an awesome first day. As we were driving out of the parking lot, he told me he didn't want to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!