Sunday, August 4, 2013

Delectable Blueberry Muffins - Gluten Free/Grain Free/Dairy Free

Today, Landon and I created a new recipe for blueberry muffins. This kid, he loves his blueberries! We discovered recently that his tummy likes them too and it's been a love affair ever since.

Let me tell you, I don't usually post a recipe until I've made it several times. However, I'm not waiting on this one because I'm pretty sure I nailed it! My first experience baking with coconut flour was today. It is much different than almond flour as it definitely soaks up the liquid more. I'm kind of in love with coconut flour now. It smells divine and creates a very nice texture to the finished product. Another thing, I try to keep my ingredients simple. Most of what I used I have in my pantry or refrigerator. Anyway, these are tasty and I'm pretty sure my husband would even like them! Of course, I would have to let him believe they were full of wheat flour and processed sugar. 

Gluten/Grain/Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins

3/4 C natural unsweetened applesauce (I use this in the place of oil)
1/2 C raw local honey
1/2 C almond milk (you could also use rice milk)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
4 eggs
1 and 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 C blueberries (I used organic frozen but you could most definitely use fresh)
2 C almond flour
1 C coconut flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Mix all the wet ingredients together in order, by hand. Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. Add the blueberries at the very end. Scoop in to a muffin tin (I like to use the paper liners for less clean up) and bake at 325 degrees for 22-26 minutes. The tops will begin to turn golden brown. Eat at least one immediately! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Those sound fabulous!!!! I will be trying this soon!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!