Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Love 4 Landon Television Interview



Landon and I were given the opportunity for an interview with a local television station, KAKE, to talk about Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), the Love 4 Landon Foundation, and our upcoming Golf 4 Guts Tournament. Wow!

First of all, I want to let y'all know I was super nervous! Going on television for a LIVE interview isn't something I ever imagined myself doing. This was my third one and I was just as nervous as the first time. The morning of the interview, I reminded myself that this isn't about me at all. It didn't matter how I looked or if my voice was shaky. What mattered was sharing our story and helping others. I said a prayer (or ten) asking for guidance and to help me get the word out about the incredibly important work we're doing with the L4L Foundation.

Every single person I've ever encountered at KAKE has been nothing short of fabulous. Seriously. They are kind, listen intently, always make me feel welcome and have a way of ensuring me that what I'm doing is not only valuable but also essential.

I cannot say enough how honored I am to be doing the work I'm doing. It's truly a blessing and every day I have the possibility to change the life of another person. Very freaking cool.

Landon was pretty enamored by the whole process. When Ben Pringle went up to do the weather, he turned a monitor around so Landon was able to see him in front of the green screen AND on television at the same time! Oh em gee. Landon thought that was super cool! See, I told you that KAKE news crew is awesome!

If you're interested you can take a look at our interview HERE. Landon was very silly the whole time, which I didn't know until I watched the clip for myself!

If you feel led to donate to our cause and help other families, you can do so on the Love 4 Landon website. We greatly appreciate any and all donations. I assure you, any funds received are used wisely, to help others in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!