Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy Birthday, Pops!

Today is my Dad's Birthday. Don't worry, Pops, I'm not going to say how many years young you are! 

My Dad is a unique and loving person, like no one else I've ever met. He has an awesome sense of humor, is kind, generous, accepting, encouraging, sensitive, sweet, hard working...I could go on and on! 

I'm so glad he's in my life. Even though he now lives what feels like a million miles away, (yes, I know, Cinci isn't THAT far!) we still have the very same connection. 

I love the way he loves my kid. I mean, look at that. You can feel the love pouring out from these photos. 





Daddy, thank you for always being there for me, for supporting me in all that I've ever done and continue to do. Thank you for not beating me when I came home drunk that one time in high school. Thank you for always letting me help you mow the lawn on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. I realize now how much longer it took with me out there, but you still let me help. When you went back over the yard to get the spots I missed, you told me you just wanted to make sure the mower was running right before putting it away. Thank you for that. Thank you for allowing me to be your sidekick on the weekends, no matter what you were doing. Thank you for playing catch with me, even when your knee went out! Thank you for teaching me how to run the grill and how to properly grill a steak. Thank you for loving me and accepting me for exactly the person I am and never trying to change me.

Happy Birthday, Pops! May your day be full of love, happiness and all the goodness you put out in this world. I hope you realize every single day just how special you are. You are loved by many.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!