Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up!

Woweeee did we have a busy weekend in these parts! 

It started with a movie and night out to celebrate my birthday. The theme was black and red, so of course I threw on some fabulous shoes! We saw We're the Millers and OMG, it is hysterical! 



My darling husband bought me this gorgeous, cool and unique necklace. I'm in love. Both with him AND the necklace.


I was so fortunate and grateful to celebrate my birthday with some of my very favorite people in the entire world! Here are some of them. 


On my actual birthday (Saturday) I was able to relax a whole bunch. My sweet friend Crystal brought me a latte, champagne and cake pops. This salted caramel pop was delectable. 


Saturday evening my Dad arrived from Cinci and we went to dinner at a local eatery. The food was wonderful but the company was even better! Landon got to have sweet potato (first time in over a year!) and that kid threw down! I love getting to try these new, healthful foods with him!

Sunday morning we woke up super early to head out for the L4L Foundation Golf 4 Guts Tournament! Words cannot describe how gorgeous the day was. In the early morning hours, there was a bit of a chill in the air. The sky was beautiful and the grass was wet with dew. The sunshine, the people, the green trees, the fresh air...it was all unbelievably breathtaking. 

Everyone had a great time!



We even had a massage therapist on site offering complimentary chair massage! Just what you need after a round of golf. 




At the end of Golf 4 Guts, I was addressing our participants and thanking them all for taking the time out of their lives to contribute. I felt my throat closing in and I was on the verge of really getting choked up. Luckily, I pulled it together! Every time we have a L4L event, I get a wee bit emotional. I often wonder if that will ever change. I honestly don't think it will. I don't want it to change. I want to always be heart connected to this cause. The reason I work so hard to raise awareness about IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) is because I understand it on a very personal level. I didn't experience the symptoms myself but I have watched my helpless little boy fight to stay whole. I've watched him undergo countless procedures, pokes, prods, blood transfusions, doctor appointments; all with a remarkable amount of bravery. HE is the reason I will always continue to help others. It is my destiny. I get it now. We have been in some pretty dark places along the way. It's been difficult at times, to say the least. But, you know what? We came out on the other side and we are blessed every day with light and brightness. There is always hope. The human body has an amazing capacity to heal. Landon is living, thriving, healthy proof! When in doubt, give thanks for the life you have and continue to believe better days are ahead. Thank your Creator. Ask for help. Accept help. Stay open to your options. Ask questions. Keep trying. The rewards are infinite. 

Whew, I'm tired! Okay, not really, but I was yesterday, which is why this post didn't happen on a Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely adore reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to stop in to read my blog. Shine on and keep those comments coming!